What can I say? I love pumpkin! I woke up today with the notion to make pumpkin pancakes. These got two thumbs up from the mostly-paleo husband and not-so-paleo mom. The inspiration for these comes from these totally awesome chocolate pancakes and a similar recipe in Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution.
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded (unsweetened) coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (if using canned, make sure the only ingredient is pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or other nut butter (if you have a nut allergy, you might try unsweetened sunbutter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Heat griddle or pan.
- Whisk the ingredients together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Drop some coconut oil onto griddle or into pan. Allow to melt.
- Add pancake batter and cook on one side until bubbles start to form on the top and around the edge, and bottom is lightly golden. Flip and cook another minute or two.
- Serve with fruit, unsweetened jelly, maple syrup, or other condiment of choice (also good plain or with a little coconut butter on top).
Part of Real Food Wednesday by Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Pennywise Platter by The Nourishing Gourmet,and Fight Back Friday by the Food Renegade.