Personally, I could eat meat (or eggs) and veggies everyday for breakfast and be happy. Not so much for the family. Sometimes I make them pancakes or muffins, but this is a nice once-in-awhile breakfast reminiscent of oatmeal from breakfasts past. I'm not the first person to come up with "nutmeal", but this is my take (see Fauxtmeal, No-atmeal, and Nutty Hot Cereal [where I adapted my recipe] for other variations). Fast and easy, you can whip this up in no time for a quick and hearty breakfast. Makes about 2 cups; recipe can easily be multiplied (or reduced).
- 1 cup of nuts (I like macadamia and pecans, but about any nuts you have on hand will work)
- 1 1/2 pears, cut into large chunks (almost any seasonal fruit will work here)
- 2 eggs (preferably from pastured chickens)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I use full-fat canned coconut milk, make sure to get the kind without the "gunk")
- 1 Tbs cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy.