This is my favorite (for now, anyway:)) version of curried cauliflower. My husband's aunt made it for us before we left Nepal and shared her recipe. It's the hint of the cinnamon that does it for me. Be a little patient and cook on low - that's how you get the touch of cinnamon (without it overwhelming the dish). Quick, easy, and full of flavor. My kind of veggie!
- Fat of choice
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2" stick of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2" piece of ginger, grated or mashed into a paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder (you can use a little more, but it's not my favorite spice)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt, to taste
- Heat fat over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and bay leaf and lightly fry for a minute or two.
- Add in the cauliflower and ginger.
- Mix spices with a little water (maybe about 1/4 cup) and add to the pan.
- Turn heat down to low and cook, covered, until cauliflower is done.
- Remove bay leaf and cinnamon and serve warm.