Sorry for the long absence...we've been in the process of moving to another state. Seems like it has been crazy, but now we're settled. Or almost settled...except for the fact that the movers broke our 'fridge and it won't be repaired until sometime this coming week. I miss that appliance more than I ever thought I would. At least our chest freezer works!
Here's the dessert I made semi-paleo mom for mother's day. I'm ashamed to admit that before we switched to a healthier diet, I didn't think bananas were sweet. Seriously? They almost send me into a sugar coma now. Definitely a decedent, special occasion (but silly easy!) dessert.
- Coconut oil
- 2 Bananas (green ones work better)
- Slice bananas fairly thin.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is melted, all bananas in a single layer and let cook until caramelized. Resist the temptation to look too often, as they may become "mushy".
- Turn bananas and let other side caramelize.
- Remove from heat and serve. Also great with a little toasted coconut.