I've seen a lot of posts for Superbowl snacks. Even though we aren't football fans (un-American, I know:)), we still enjoy the parties and snacks associated with the big game. We're planning to enjoy some fried veggies - carrots and cauliflower to be exact. If you've never tried them, you should. They are an absolutely wonderful treat!
- 2 cups carrots and cauliflower florets
- Rendered beef fat (enough for your fryer or deep pan)
- Kosher salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Prepare veggies (peel & cut carrots, cut cauliflower into florets).
- Place in a bowl. Cover with ice water and let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in your fryer (or pan) to 325 degrees F.
- Once the oil has reached temperature, dry veggies and, working in batches, drop into your oil for about 3 minutes.
- After each batch is finished, remove from the fryer and place on towels to drain.
- After all of the veggies are cooked once, turn the temperature up to 375 degrees F.
- Working in batches, fry for another 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from oil and immediately season with (a little) salt, cayenne pepper, and a little cinnamon.
- Best served hot.