Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super-Simple Sausage Bites

Looking for something quick and easy for breakfast?  Look no further than these super-simple sausage bites (you could form them into patties - but I'm too lazy for that!).  They take very little time in the morning - I promise!  I can't tell you how often I've been having these for breakfast... 

The recipe easily doubles or halves. Since everyone has a difference spice level preference, start with less and add more later.  It's easier to add than to subtract...  This spice level consistent with our taste profiles -- yours is likely to be different.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
  • 1 Tbs fennel seeds
  • 1 Tbs red pepper flakes (if you can't take much heat start with a little and add more later)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions:
  1. Heat skillet over medium heat.  Add ground beef. 
  2. Break your beef into small bits with the spatula. 
  3. Add seasonings and stir to combine.
  4. Cook until done to your desired temperature (I like my pretty browned when I'm having "sausage").
  5. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
  6. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment