This is something I eat for breakfast. Yes, I'm weird...but my family has known that for a long time:) But, hey, breakfast is just another meal where I try to get quality protein, a little fat, and my veggies. If you can't stomach this much spice for breakfast, it's good any time of the day.
- 1 dozen (12) hard-boiled eggs, halved or quartered
- 1 can no-salt added fire-roasted tomatoes (sub fresh if you want)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 Tbs curry* (start with less and add more)
- 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, cut roughly
- If you don't already have hard-boiled eggs, begin by boiling eggs.
- Prep veggies (cauliflower and spinach).
- Combine together tomatoes (including liquid), coconut milk, curry, and cauliflower in a stock pot.
- Heat until boiling, then reduce heat and let simmer until cauliflower is almost cooked.
- Add eggs and spinach; cook until spinach is wilted and eggs are heated through [I leave the eggs for the end because I don't want them to get too cooked, but you could add them earlier if that's easier].
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve and enjoy, although it is even better the next day.
- 2 parts turmeric powder
- 2 parts paprika powder
- 1 part salt
- 1 part chili powder (adjust up or down for more or less heat)
- 1 part cayenne powder (adjust up or down for more or less heat)
- 1 part coriander powder