This recipe comes from a reader-submitted recipe at Marks Daily Apple. I love it for a many reasons: it's pretty quick (especially if you have some cooked chicken on hand from another recipe), easy, tastes good, and is easily adapted to other ingredients. I've had good luck replacing the chicken and curry powder with blueberries and cinnamon as well as bacon, leeks, and tomatoes.
- 6 eggs
- 3-6 Tbs melted coconut butter or ghee (I think 3 Tbs gives it a wonderful flavor, but use more to taste)
- 3/4 cup full-fat, canned coconut milk (use the portion at the top of the can that is more "cream")
- 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken (don't overcook your chicken and don't add other seasonings to the chicken)
- 2 tablespoons curry spice, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Butter a 10” round or 13×9” baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut butter/ghee & coconut milk until frothy.
- Mix in chicken and curry powder and pour into baking dish.
- Bake about 35 minutes until top is golden brown. Really watch this toward the end -- you may need even less cooking time. If you use ingredients with more liquid (blueberries, tomatoes, etc.) you will need to cook this a little longer.